1. GPs will be the last to receive the results of COVID-19 test
2. The patient will get the result first
3. If the test result is negative, you will receive a text message
4. If your test is positive, you will be phoned by a public health doctor to start contact tracing.
5. Public Health will explain self-isolation and protocol for household contacts
6. Your GP will receive the result, eventually. There is NO point phoning us about results, we don't know WHEN we will get your result and we don't know HOW.... because 7...
7. Healthlink (our online test results system) is not connected to the National Virus reference laboratory where the testing is being carried out.
8. Because of 7.... It is unclear at present as to how your GP will receive patient test results.
9. At the time of referring you for your test, the GP will tell you that we will not be informing you of your test result.
As you will know, GPs can only refer patients for Covid19 tests who fit the current criteria for testing - meaning a fever plus either cough or shortness of breath, along with being in one of the at risk groups.
Since Monday 16th March, GPs can order a test for Covid-19 by electronic referral following a phone consultation with the patient..........
As we all know by now, we have seen the first cases of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) in Ireland over the past few days.
We have yet to receive confirmation of the delivery date for the 2019 'Flu vaccines but we hope to have them by end of September.
We will update once we know more...
Wishing all our patients, colleagues and friends a very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.